Undertaking a work placement gives students the opportunity to bring their studies to life. They can apply their skills to real world challenges and explore their future career options.
County Durham Sport (CDS) have hosted many undergraduate students for work placements. They have worked on a range of different projects including the Active Places pilots and the Active 30 programme.
Students were asked for feedback on their work placement experience. We’re delighted that each of them expressed that their placement with CDS had exceeded their expectations!
Here’s what students valued most about their placements with CDS:
- A wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities
- The workload was suitable to fit in with their studies
- The ‘front-line’ nature of the placement work – being able to have direct impact
- Opportunities to network with other partner organisations
- Enthusiastic, supportive and regular engagement with CDS mentors
- Mentors modified placements to meet student needs and objectives
- Interactions across the CDS team
- Being involved with regular practices of CDS, such as attending team meetings
- Working together with another student through the placement
By supporting our work to tackle inequalities in physical activity, placement students have a positive impact by making a real difference in local communities.
We are proud to be able to offer mentorship and development to so many enthusiastic placement students. It is hugely rewarding to hear just how much they have enjoyed their time with us and we wish them well in their future studies and careers.