REMOVING THE BARRIERS TO MOVING
County Durham Sport is part of a network of 43 Active Partnerships across England funded by Sport England and supported by the Active Partnership Network. We recognise that patterns of physical activity in County Durham are affected by inequality – in health, wealth & access to services.
- AMBITIOUS - Setting our standards high and being an employer of choice with high levels of staff satisfaction.
- COLLABORATIVE - Working in effective partnerships to challenge barriers to an active lifestyle.
- CURIOUS - Creating a learning organisation that is responsive to local need and works with local communities.
- EQUALITY - Promoting equality through high performing staff and an effective Board.
- PASSIONATE - Sharing our passion for change, our knowledge and skills.
- CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE - Positive experiences and physical literacy to shape healthy and active futures.
- BUILDING CAPACITY - Upskilling local communities to develop the local physical activity workforce.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT - Working with local people to co-produce and co-design projects.
- HEALTH & WELLBEING - Using sport and physical activity as a means to improve health and wellbeing.
- ACTIVE TRAVEL - Promoting active travel as healthy and green.
- ACTIVE ENVIROMENT - Creating an environment where being active is an easy and accessible choice.
Taking an evidence based partnership approach, we work to ensure that a healthy lifestyle is an easy choice for everyone. By learning together, we believe we can shift understanding and promote action that raises ambition and reduces inequality. We want to create a happier, healthy county by learning, sharing and collaborating with partners to raise ambitions and inspire change.
If you are interested in talking to us about innovation and partnership, please get in touch
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE
We work with partners on a wide range of projects helping children and young people get active.
Find the latest rules & guidance on getting active during Covid.
Get up to date information on the latest funding available to you.
Access data and case studies to help you make evidence-based decisions about your own physical activity projects.
Find out about the latest training courses available in County Durham.
GET ACTIVE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
How can you get active now in your community.
This article is about the process of co-creating with partners and young people – starting with a...
We were delighted to receive an update from St Cuthbert’s Hospice about two inspirational ladies...
Earlier this year, we shared our impact report with Sport England. We would now like to share this...
Orienteering is a sport that is not well-known, it could even be described as “niche”. Many people...
Why do we do evaluation? We might want to find out about participants’ experience of a project. We...
We are delighted to have appointed a new Chair to lead the organisation. Stephen Bell, OBE is the...